Women empowerment is all about making them self-dependent on taking the decisions of life irrespective of the fear of the people and the society. In today’s time, the condition of the women is deteriorating day by day with less attention paid to them. Though a lot is being said about women empowerment but nothing is done and that is why the women are becoming weak. It is high time that we understand the power of the women and help them to come out with flying colors. If we treat them with respect, this will automatically boost their confidence.
Today is the time when women empowerment is a must and there is a need to give equal importance to them. The problem of being biased towards men should come to an end as women are the basis of our lives and it is difficult to imagine success without them. Whether it is your mother, wife, sister or daughter everyone contributes towards your success and hence they should be respected by one and all. Women empowerment can make a lot of difference to our society in a number of ways.
Also read:Importance of education
Help in better decision-making power
Women empowerment gives every woman the right to take her decisions whether it is related to the family or to their work. They are free to decide what they want to do. Just like men do everything they wish to, similarly, the women too should share equal right to do things as per their wish. This is only possible if we women understand our powers and utilize it to the fullest. Taking that very first step is necessary and it comes when one gets the power.
Establish their Self-image
Even women have their own identity and it is important to maintain the same. In the olden times, the women were given the name of their husbands but today time has changed and women love to carry their own identity in every walk of life. Whether they are a housewife or working professional, their identity means everything for them. This is definitely a good sign that women are finally moving out of the four walls of their home and taking a big step.
Move ahead in their life
Women need to change their mindset that they are not just meant to remain within their home but move outside to live their own life. They have the choice to decide whether they like to work or indulge in other activities. Even the men should understand this and help the women around them to move ahead in life. This will fill the gap between men and women and offer them an equal status which was never given to them.
Lay a strong foundation of the society
Every child learns from their mother so the foundation of the society is laid down by none other than the women. By educating them properly we can certainly ensure a well-educated family. Gone are the days when women were not taught but today a lot of revolution has come and women are now learning and exploring life. Still, the women from the developing and under developed countries are not getting enough opportunities to grow and therefore they are lagging behind in everything.
So if you want the foundation to be strong, it is essential to empower the women as this will bring a huge revolution. They will be able to stand on their feet and play a crucial role in their family and outside both. This will help to build a better society where everyone is equal.
Active participation in country affairs
There is no denial to the fact that a woman has the ability to transform the lives. So if they actively participate in the outside activities it will have a huge impact on the overall development of the country. As we all know that women are very efficient in whatever they do so if the same is utilized in the right direction, they can do wonders for the nation. So it is important to bring them forward and encourage them to work and show their participation.
So if women are empowered there is no doubt that they can achieve anything they like. Rather than talking about women empowerment, it’s time to take an initiative that actually works only then the difference will be visible. You cannot sit back to let things happen on their own and even the women should come out to support themselves. This can bring a revolution for which we are waiting for a long time.
Tags:Importance of women empowerment, women empowerment essay, women empowerment speech, essay on women empowerment, importance of women empowerment essay
Introduction: The topic on “Women Empowerment” is a burning issue all over the world. “Women empowerment” and “women equality with men” is a universal issue.
What is the meaning of Women Empowerment?
Women Empowerment refers to the creation of an environment for women where they can make decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society.
Women Empowerment refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as:
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity,
- have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace,
- to make their own choices and decisions,
- have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities,
- have equal social status in the society,
- have equal rights for social and economic justice,
- determine financial and economic choices,
- get equal opportunity for education,
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias,
- get safe and comfortable working environment.
Women have the rights to get their voices heard. (Also read: Short Paragraph on Women Empowerment)
Why Women Empowerment is Important?
1. Under-employed and unemployed: Women population constitutes around 50% of the world population. A large number of women around the world are unemployed. The world economy suffers a lot because of the unequal opportunity for women at workplaces. (Also read: Paragraph on Women Employment)
2. Equally competent and intelligent: Women are equally competent. Nowadays, women are even ahead of men in many socio-economic activities.
3. Talented: Women are as talented as men. Previously, women were not allowed higher education like men and hence their talents were wasted. But nowadays, they are also allowed to go for higher studies and it encourages women to show their talents which will not only benefit her individually but to the whole world at large.
4. Overall development of society: The main advantage of Women Empowerment is that there will be an overall development of the society. The money that women earn does not only help them and or their family, but it also help develop the society.
5. Economic Benefits: Women Empowerment also leads to more economic benefits not to the individuals but to the society as well. Unlike earlier days when they stayed at home only and do only kitchen stuffs, nowadays, they roam outside and also earns money like the male members of the society. Women empowerment helps women to stand on their own legs, become independent and also to earn for their family which grows country’s economy.
6. Reduction in domestic violence: Women Empowerment leads to decrease in domestic violence. Uneducated women are at higher risk for domestic violence than an educated women.
7. Reduction in corruption: Women Empowerment is also advantageous in case of corruption. Women empowerment helps women to get educated and know their rights and duties and hence can stop corruption.
8. Reduce Poverty: Women Empowerment also reduces poverty. Sometimes, the money earned by the male member of the family is not sufficient to meet the demands of the family. The added earnings of women helps the family to come out of poverty trap.
9. National Development: Women are increasingly participating in the national development process. They are making the nation proud by their outstanding performances almost every spheres including medical science, social service, engineering, etc.
10. Irreplaceable in some sectors: Women are considered irreplaceable for certain jobs.
Also read: How to Empower Women in India?
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and ArticlesTagged With: Social Issues in India, Women In India